Sunday, January 30, 2011

At the end of the day!


I don't know who this child is, but he looks plum tuckered out!

That's how I'm feeling right now.

The Women's Conference was a HUGE success!! Over 150 attended - a record for my presidency. We hardly had any food leftover: homemade hamburger vegetable soup, homemade bread, homemade jam, sliced apples - with fortune cookies for dessert. It was all served family style in a plethora of lovely soup tureens provided - like the soup, bread, and jam - by the wonderful women of my stake. (Sitting on tables covered with a plethora of my vintage tablecloths that I love to collect - and use!)

The keynote address was EXCELLENT. The classes were SUPERB. Everyone loved the new method of everyone attending every class in a three class rotation. The translation for the Chinese sisters went well and they truly APPRECIATED it.

The choir sounded GREAT. The women LOVED looking at the displays of vintage clothes, hats, baby clothes, dolls, pictures, books.

Now we need to plan next year!!

But I am going to bed first!

3 comments:

Alice said...

I AM SO GLAD THAT EVERYTHING WENT WELL. You are an extremely organized person and I know that you put a lot of work into it and it was a success.

Janelle said...

And you were afraid no one would come?! :-)

Amy Girl said...

Yeah! I love Women's Conference. It refreshes me.