Monday, January 24, 2011

Forever Friends!


I have a good friend named MarDel. Her dad's name was Delmar - hence her name. I always thought that was kind of cool. Her sister is Moyne - you probably remember her more than MarDel, because MarDel only lived with me for one semester during our junior year and then went back to UCLA. She didn't like BYU. (And Moyne lived with Alice and me for a year.)

Alice was Moyne's age and MarDel is exactly one month older than me, so we spent time together at church and at Girl's Camp. There were some good times.

She was Joy's friend too - hence we were both attendants at her wedding. It looks like both of us are not too excited about the event. Maybe it's the headpieces we had to wear!!

Anyway, MarDel and I maintain a correspondence of sorts. There will be a flurry of emails or letters back in the old days - and then silence for months. But we seem to pick up where we left off every time - my definition of true friendship!

Her latest - "I broke my wrist playing tennis so now they are making me take Boniva . . . just me and Sally Fields. So I've taken up raquetball. Zeno's in his 4th bishopric. I told him to get it right this time." (Zeno is her husband - he's from Cache County - where else would you find the name Zeno? He is very cool too.)

I have always enjoyed MarDel's dry wit. So when her card came last week, it brought a smile to my face. And made me wish all my friends lived on my street!!

I think I will start another flurry of emails.

After the Women's Conference is over!

3 comments:

Amy Girl said...

I rather like those "headpieces".

Phoebe said...

That picture is classic!

Eliza said...

I like the veils and the dresses too.