Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Grandmas we know and love

The big item consuming my week is getting ready for the Women's Conference this Saturday. I'm always worried that no one will come!!

But maybe I should be worrying about other details - like how I am going to sound in the choir! (They were desperate and insisted that I participate!! Not to worry though - I mostly lip sync!!)

Our theme is a Woman's Heritage as a Daughter of God, and we have asked the women in our stake to bring us old dresses, dolls, photos, needlework, quilts, etc. for a display. I think it will be lovely. (Maybe I should be worrying about how we will get everything back to everyone in case they forget to take it with them when they go!)

Anyway, my good friend Kathleen brought this photo of her maternal grandmother - and I love it! What a beautiful young woman she was - and so evocative of the era she was from.

This is a photo of my maternal grandmother - when she was 18 - maybe a bit earlier than Kathleen's grandmother's time. But also evocative of her era.

I love old photos - I don't even have to know who the person in the photo is.

But it's nice when you do know the person. Or someone connected to them.

A wonderful heritage is a great gift! (Nothing to worry about there!)

No comments: