Sunday, January 23, 2011

A couple of "bag" ladies!!



Frances and I go way back. You can tell that from this picture alone!! But from the moment I met Frances, I liked her friendly, easy-going, very sensible manner. When we have cooked together, or sewn together, or took care of kids together, or cleaned together, or just sat and talked together, I am always impressed at her excellent advice on a variety of topics.

Camping with Frances in 1971

She and Dee were here last week, and I was folding some laundry while we visited. I commented on a pair of frayed pillow cases that I was loathe to toss because I loved them. She immediately said, "I know what you could do with them.We were told this in a meeting I attended. They said to put a pair of pillow cases in your top drawer and if you had to leave quickly in an emergency, you could stuff clothes and things into a pillowcase and just carry it with you."

That's just one example of how Frances continues to be someone I love to hang around with!! (Dangling preposition or not!!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love that picture of the two of you!

She told me the pillowcase thing too. Now I just have to get them into the drawers and hope the kids can still find them in an emergency