Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random photos


Every year I resolve to get my photos in order - and every year they are not in order!! Over the years I have tried different approaches but am never consistent, so the chaos continues.

One year - oh, maybe 15 years ago - everyone was gone for about a week. I can't remember exactly where everyone was, but some were at the Kerksieks, some were at EFY or something, and I think Noah was at Cub Day Camp - and I spread all our photos out on the dining room table for a week and picked away at getting them in order. Dad would walk by and figure out some now and then.

No one is here most of the time - I'm not sure why I don't take that approach again. My current fave excuse is to say that as soon as Dad moves the cabinets and counters from the back room office to the sewing room, I will have the facility to spread them all out and get to work once more. (I could spread them out in the back room office, but when it rains, it leaks back there - so I'm afraid to try it there.)

A better approach - which I have actually started - would be to just grab a box of photos and start sorting into the large file boxes I purchased for just such a task - when I had a moment or when the mood struck me. Once again, those boxes are in the back room office - covered with black plastic trash bags to keep them dry in case of rain. Somehow that doesn't inspire me to pull off the cover and sort a few photos whenever I have a spare moment.

So tonight I just grabbed a box and scanned the above photo in - it's Phoebe's 16th birthday party - who can name the others in the photo??

It's a start!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Cyril, Erin, Kelly

BOO YEAH!

grannybabs said...

If you were here, I'd give you a prize.

And I couldn't remember Cyril's name - so thanks!

Alice said...

I did that exact thing in 1990 when we moved to DC. I had a captive audience of all of the children since they had no friends and there really wasn't anyone who lived nearby to get to know. So, we ate a lot of junk food and went through pictures. The only problem was that since then I have acquired a lot more photos that I can't remember who was in. I guess we will just have to have a daughter retreat for one week and have a go at it again. I was always going to put a date and who they were on the back but never got around to it. It is worse now that we do digital. There is no back to a photo. GOOD LUCK>