Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's the end of January - and you know what that means!!


I am once again preparing for the annual Arcadia Stake Women's Conference. I should have my data straight, but I don't, but it's been a fixture in our stake for over 20 years. I remember attending the first one.

Bonny teaching a class at our women's conference 3 years ago??

It has gone through many variations as our stake has shrunk in size and as our demographics have changed.

This is the 5th one we have done as a presidency. And my first counselor and I are the only ones left from that first presidency. It does not seem to be as much work as it has in the past. Or maybe all the "wear you out" work gets done the night before and the day of, and I'm not there yet!

But I'm starting to get excited about it - now that I have a moment to breathe!! I'm not sure why the end of January was initially chosen as the date - it has not changed in 20+ years. Our pattern has been to meet in the summer and brainstorm ideas for a theme so that we can ask women to be the speakers and presenters. Then we meet in November with a representative from each ward and brainstorm particulars - food, decor, programs, hand-outs, set-up and clean-up. Then we don't meet again until the 2nd week in January, when we make specific assignments for food and decorations.

So far it's worked out.

Don't need any resolutions here - except maybe to try to "breathe" the day of so that I can enjoy it!

No comments: