Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Days of Yore!!


While looking for my old junior high yearbooks, I came across this yellowed and brittle newspaper clipping from 1962!!

I had the dubious distinction of being Student Body President of my high school. I did lots of odd things as a result. For starters, I attended the monthly Rotary dinner at the Knollwood Country Club. I conducted assemblies at school. I went to conferences in exotic locales like Long Beach - and one time even stayed overnight in a hotel room - by myself. It was high adventure, believe me!

I also "cut the ribbon" for the grand opening of a Thrifty Drug Store in Granada Hills.

And got my picture in the paper!!

It all seemed so important back then!

2 comments:

Karen said...

It is fun to see the life you had before you were 'Aunt' Barbara.
I think as a kid people don't have pasts, they just start where you meet them. (does that make sense?) So now as an adult who realizes you had a life before I knew you, I enjoy the glimpses into that life.

Amy Girl said...

Thrifty Drug Store grand opening! Now that's important. I'm craving a cone right now.