Friday, February 25, 2011

"That is correct!"


Tomorrow is the Spelling Bee at Clifton. One of my students placed 2nd in his grade level last year, and he's competing again tomorrow. As is Wyatt Gray, Amy's boy.

So when I came across this in a box in the office, I chuckled a little. I have tried describing the trophy Hannah got the year she placed first in the 6th grade, and I don't think my kids believe me. There are no individual trophies anymore - at least not at the school level. They get books as prizes. My student Nick liked the book he got the year he placed 2nd in 6th grade, but not the one he got in 7th grade. He says he hopes it's a better book this time.

At least he's confident about placing!!

4 comments:

hanner said...

that's totally not the trophy that i got either! we must have just had to pose for the picture and used trophies in the library, because mine was giant and had a bee on top. it's probably better that they get books now.

grannybabs said...

I guess I didn't look closely - from "far away" it looked like a giant bumble bee to me!

Eliza said...

I remember that giant bee trophy.

It's definitely better to get books. Trophies are so weird!

grannybabs said...

Jo Porter told me that you guys were holding the "perpetual" school trophies in that photo.