Saturday, February 26, 2011

Friday Fun In The Lunchroom


Fridays are "spirit" days at Clifton. There is a theme, and you are supposed to dress to the theme. When you do, your grade level wins spirit points. At the end of each semester, the grade level with the most spirit points gets to spend a day at Knott's Berry Farm (the kids pay their own way though - it's not in the budget any other way.) My good friend Marcie, aka Mrs. Hoopes, is a big supporter of spirit days. If it's pajama day, she will wear pajamas to school. If it's crazy hair day, she will tease and spray her hair all over the place. I, on the other hand, hardly ever pay attention to spirit wear. I don't even have a Clifton Cubs tee shirt!

But every year on "twin wear day" Marcie always suggests that we be twins. One year we both wore our hot pink sweater sets. Another year we bought matching monkey tee shirts. This week, as we were eating lunch, Marcie suggested that we be twins. I said, "Well, what shall we wear?" And then she said, "Maybe we should come as Kyle. We all have chinos don't we?" And I said, since Kyle was wearing a blue button down shirt, "I even have a blue shirt almost the same shade as Kyle's." So Marcie said, "We can be triplets!! That ought to be worth triple points!"

Fortunately we all remembered the conversation, and we all three showed up pretty close to triplets, don't you agree?? Kyle said he even had to get up early and iron his shirt!!

Marcie teaches all 8th graders. Kyle teaches 7th and 8th. I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th.

I'm not sure who got the points!

No comments: