Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday Night at the Movies


When Kacy F. of "Every Day I Write the Book" fame lived in our ward, she once told me that the best book she'd ever read was A Prayer for Owen Meany. My kids echoed her sentiments, so I gave the book a try - and really liked it.

A few years later, they made a movie loosely based on the plot entitled Simon Birch. And I always intended to see it, but never got around to it.


So I put it on my Netflix queue, and we finally watched it tonight. Kind of a FHE Valentine's Day occasion.

I liked it - Harry did too. Not sure why it takes us so long to get around to seeing movies we want to see.

Oh well, we could have worse habits.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I saw it many years ago but I have never read the book. I should get it for my NOOK and read it on my next flight home.

hanner said...

wow, i can't believe you hadn't seen it before! i could have sworn we all saw it together. i'm not sure who i saw it with then. i saw the movie first and then read the book many years later.

Karen said...

I love simon birch.
I guess I should read A Prayer For Owen Meany.